A listing of Triangle theater performances
through October 27, 2014
* The Hunt – A team video scavenger hunt competition in and around central Durham. Fundraiser for the Southern Documentary Fund. All day Saturday, starting at 10:00 a.m. Registration required.
* Stories for Change – Fundraiser featuring celebrity storytellers Jeff Polish (The Monti), Jennifer Thompson (Picking Cotton), Mike Wiley (Dar He, Parchman Hour), and Daniel Wallace (Big Fish, The Kings and Queens of Roam); as well as live music, and readings by previous Hidden Voices participants. Proceeds benefit two current Hidden Voices projects: No Difference: Ending Sexual Violence in our Time, and Central Lives (exploring life in maximum security settings in the southeast). One night: Friday 7:00; VIP reception at 6:00. Varsity Theater, Chapel Hill.
* Almost, Maine – John Cariani’s 2004 play about the residents of a small town in Maine. Presented by Stars Community Theatre. This week: Friday 8:00, Saturday 2:00 and 8:00. Closes Saturday. Stars Theatre and Arts Center, Fuquay Varina.
* Desire Under the Elms – A New England family experiences relationship issues in Eugene O’Neill’s 1924 tragedy, based on the legend of Phaedra. Directed by David Henderson. Presented by Raleigh Little Theatre. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. Sutton Theatre, RLT, Raleigh.
If My Feet Have Lost the Ground – Torry Bend combines puppetry, video, and music for a dreamlike show about a woman on a journey of flight and revelation. Presented by StreetSigns Center for Literature and Performance. This week: Thursday and Friday 8:15, Saturday 2:00 and 8:15, Sunday 2:00. Continues through November 1. Manbites Dog Theater, Durham.
* Urinetown – Don’t be the bunny! Duke’s Hoof ‘n’ Horn presents the 2001 musical satire/Brechtian pastiche by Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis. Directed by James Hamilton. This week: Thursday and Friday 8:00, Saturday 2:00 and 8:00, Sunday 2:00. Closes Sunday. Sheafer Theater, Bryan Center, Duke West Campus, Durham.
The Scary Show – “We traced it. The improv is coming from inside the theater!!” Transactors presents an evening of scary stories made up on the spot. Music by Killer Filler. One night only: Saturday 8:00. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro.
* – Concludes this week
Please contact us with any corrections or omissions. For a more complete listing of area events, we recommend the arts calendar at Indyweek.com. For a listing of what else area theaters have in store this season, click on the Triangle Season Schedules tab at the top of the page.