A listing of Triangle theater performances
through February 2, 2015
* Blue Man Group – The Blue Boys return with more high energy antics. Presented by Broadway Series South. This week only: Thursday and Friday 8:00, Saturday 12:00/4:00/8:00. Closes Saturday. Memorial Auditorium, Raleigh.
* Dunsinane – Macbeth is dead, and in the aftermath an officer tries to maintain order. The Royal Theatre of Scotland returns with David Greig’s 2010 sequel to the Shakespeare tragedy. This week only: Thursday and Friday 7:30. Memorial Hall, UNC Campus, Chapel Hill.
* 50 Shades! The Musical Parody – This isn’t just any parody, it’s “the Original” musical parody of the best selling fanfic 50 Shades of Grey. If you want it, here it is, come and get it, but you better hurry cause it’s one night only: Friday 8:00. DPAC, Durham.
* Out of Bounds – Playwrights Roundtable presents an evening of original short plays. One show: Saturday 8:00. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro.
* The Last Five Years – Jason Robert Brown’s 2001 musical chronicles a relationship from two points of view. Directed by McKenzie Jane Millican. Presented by Company Carolina. This week: Friday-Monday 8:00. Closes Monday. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro.
Laughter on the 23rd Floor – NRACT presents Neil Simon’s 1993 comedy about writers on a 1950s television show. Directed by Jon Todd. This week: Friday and Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Continues through February 8. NRACT, Lead Mine Road, Raleigh.
Romeo and Juliet – Burning Coal presents Shakespeare’s romantic tragedy, directed by Emily Ranii. This week: Thursday-Saturday 7:30, Sunday 2:00. Continues through February 15. Burning Coal, Murphey School, Raleigh.
Trouble in Mind – In the 1950s, a groundbreaking racially integrated Broadway play poses a difficult choice for an African American actress. PlayMakers Rep presents Alice Childress’ 1955 play, directed by Jade King Carroll. This week: Tuesday-Friday 7:30, Saturday 2:00 and 7:30, Sunday 2:00. Continues through February 8. Paul Green Theatre, UNC Campus, Chapel Hill.
* Venus in Fur – An audition becomes a battlefield for dominance between a director and an actress in David Ives’ 2010 comedy about sex and power. Directed by Rod Rich. Presented by Raleigh Little Theatre and Actors Comedy Lab. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. Gaddy-Goodwin Theatre, RLT, Raleigh.
* – Concludes this week
Please contact us with any corrections or omissions. For a more complete listing of area events, we recommend the arts calendar at Indyweek.com. For a listing of what else area theaters have in store this season, click on the Triangle Season Schedules tab at the top of the page.