A listing of Triangle theater performances
through May 25, 2015
And the Ass Saw the Angel – A mute outcast in an isolated religious community sees visions both angelic and otherwise. Little Green Pig presents John Fidel Justice and Jaybird O’Berski’s original adaptation of Nick Cave’s lyrical Southern gothic novel. Directed by Dana Marks. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:15. Continues through June 6. Manbites Dog Theater, Durham.
* Reaping What You Sow – “A selfless wife makes the ultimate sacrifice for her husband’s love.” Written and Directed by Sheila Johnson. One show: Saturday 7:00. Selby Jones Theater, St. Augustine’s University, Raleigh.
* Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Jesse R. Gephart directs John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask’s 1998 gender-transgressive musical. Presented by Raleigh Little Theatre. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. Gaddy-Goodwin Theatre, RLT, Raleigh.
* The Liar – Love is complicated. Deep Dish Theater presents David Ives’ adaptation of Pierre Corneille’s 1644 farce. Directed by Paul Frellick. This week: Wednesday and Thursday 7:30, Friday and Saturday 8:00. Closes Saturday. Deep Dish Theater, University Mall, Chapel Hill.
* The Movement: 50 Years of Love and Struggle – The African-American experience as seen through a range of characters, written, co-directed, and performed by Ron Jones. This week: Friday and Saturday 8:00. Closes Saturday. Common Ground Theatre, Durham.
* Oh, What a Lovely War! – ArtsCenter Stage presents Joan Littlewood and Theatre Workshop’s 1963 anti-war musical. Directed by Hope Alexander. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday.
* – Concludes this week
Please contact us with any corrections or omissions. For a more complete listing of area events, we recommend the arts calendar at Indyweek.com. For a listing of what else area theaters have in store this season, click on the Triangle Season Schedules tab at the top of the page.