A Sight to Behold, Patrick Dougherty. 2015.
A listing of Triangle theater performances
through July 31, 2017
* Antony and Cleopatra – Touring company Duomuži presents a two-person adaptation of the Shakespeare play. One night only: Wednesday 7:00. Imurj, 300 S McDowell St, Raleigh.
* Beauty and the Beast – NC Theatre hosts a touring production of the Disney musical based on the 1991 film. This week only: Tuesday-Friday 7:30, Saturday and Sunday 2:00 and 7:30. Memorial Auditorium, DECPA, Raleigh.
* Sins of My Father – Gospel stage play dealing with issues of infidelity and faith, presented by Dream Cast Productions. This weekend only: Saturday 3:00 and 7:00. Garner Performing Arts Center.
Wants Upon a Time – Family-friendly Commedia dell’Arte-inspired site-specific work by Francesca Talenti, based on the story of Rapunzel, performed at artist Patrick Dougherty’s Stickwork Sculpture A Sight to Behold. This week: Friday 6:30 and 7:00. Continues the last Friday of the month through August. Riverwalk, Hillsborough.
* Dogfight – In 1963, the night before overseas deployment, three marines play a cruel joke on their dates, with unexpected results. NRACT presents the 2012 musical based on the 1991 film. Directed by Timothy E. Locklear. This week: Friday and Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. NRACT, Lead Mine Road, Raleigh.
Glorious! – Theatre in the Park presents Peter Quilter’s true-to-life 2005 play about Florence Foster Jenkins, whose performances in 1940s New York earned her the title of “worst singer in the world”. No director listed. This week: Thursday-Saturday 7:30, Sunday 3:00. Continues through August 6. TIP, Raleigh.
Honour – A man abandons his marriage to be with a much younger woman, leaving his wife to reinvent herself. Director not listed. Ward Theatre Company presents the 1995 play by Australian playwright Joanna Murray-Smith. This week: Friday 7:30, Saturday 2:00 and 7:30, Sunday 2:00. Continues through August 12. Ward Theatre, 4905 Pine Cone Drive, Suite 12, Durham.
* Lombardi – Theatre South presents Eric Simonson’s 2010 play about Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi. Director not listed. This week: Wednesday-Friday 8:00, Saturday 2:00 and 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. Kennedy Theatre, DECPA, Raleigh.
Summer Sisters hosts a month of free devised theater workshops for women/female-identified folks, leading up to their September show Bad Mothers & Neglectful Wives. Workshops are held Sundays from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. Final workshop: July 30 at Manbites Dog Theater, Durham. Space is limited; private message to RSVP to workshops, on Facebook at Summer Sisters Productions.
* – Closes this week
Please contact us with any corrections or omissions. For a more complete listing of area events, we recommend the arts calendar at Indyweek.com. For updates on area auditions, we recommend the Triangle Auditions group on Facebook. For a listing of what else area theaters have in store this season, click on the Triangle Season Schedules tab at the top of the page.