A listing of Triangle theater performances
through September 21, 2015
* Almost Home – Ward Acting Studio presents a multi-media performance about victims and aid workers dealing with the aftermath of floods. Directed by Wendy Ward. This week only: Saturday 4:30, 7:30, 9:30; Sunday 4:30, 7:30. Five Oaks Office Park, 4905 Pine Cone Drive, Durham.
Deathtrap – Ira Levin’s frequently produced 1978 mystery play about a playwright writing a mystery about a playwright writing a mystery, presented by Forest Moon Theater. Directed by Lisa Binion. This week: Friday and Saturday 7:30, Sunday 3:00. Continues through September 26. Wake Forest Renaissance Centre, Wake Forest.
Disgraced – A Pakistani-American lawyer hosts a dinner party that forces him to confront issues of identity, religion, and politics. PlayMakers Rep presents Ayad Akhtar’s Pulitzer Prize winning 2012 comedy drama. Directed by Shishir Kurup. This week: Wednesday-Saturday 7:30, Sunday 2:00. Continues through October 4. Paul Green Theatre, CDA, UNC Campus, Chapel Hill.
Isn’t It Romantic – Cary Players presents Wendy Wasserstein’s 1981 comedy about the plight of the single woman in New York. Directed by Kirsten Ehlert. This week: Friday and Saturday 7:30, Sunday 3:00. Continues through October 4. Cary Arts Center.
Dracula – Ira David Wood III adapts and directs the Bram Stoker story for Theatre in the Park. This week: Thursday-Saturday 7:30, Sunday 3:00. Continues through September 27. TIP, Raleigh.
* Monty Python’s Spamalot – Raleigh Little Theate presents Eric Idle and John Du Prez’ 2005 musical adaptation of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Directed by Patrick Torres. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00, Sunday 3:00. Closes Sunday. Sutton Theatre, RLT, Raleigh.
* The Shipment -Young Jean Lee’s scathingly funny show about racial roles – both onstage and off, presented by new company Black Ops Theatre in partnership with Little Green Pig. Directed by JaMeeka Holloway-Burrell and Jaybird O’Berski. This week: Thursday-Saturday 8:00. Closes Saturday. Common Ground Theatre, Durham.
* PlaySlam! – Playwrights Roundtable presents its 13th annual play slam – 13 original short plays compete for audience votes. The most popular wins a prize for the playwright. One night only: Saturday 8:00. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro.
* Transactors Improv: For Families! – Ibid. One performance: Saturday 6:00. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro.
* Raleigh Little Theatre holds auditions for Storytellers to Go!, its touring teen performance troupe, Saturday 2:30-4:30 p.m. at RLT. More info.
* – Concludes this week
Please contact us with any corrections or omissions. For a more complete listing of area events, we recommend the arts calendar at Indyweek.com. For a listing of what else area theaters have in store this season, click on the Triangle Season Schedules tab at the top of the page.